PDO Thread Lifts have become a top choice in medical spas everywhere.
PDO Thread Lifts are becoming increasingly popular due to their subtle, natural-looking results and the minimal downtime that is required following the procedure.
If you’ve been debating if a PDO Thread Lift is right for you, then keep reading to learn more about how this procedure may benefit your skin!
What is a PDO Thread Lift?
A PDO Thread Lift is a non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedure that passes threads beneath the surface of the skin for a more youthful look. PDO stands for Polydioxanone and is a dissolvable material that is commonly used in surgical sutures.
Aside from the lifting effects, PDO threads are also known for naturally stimulating collagen production in the body and improving the skin’s laxity over time.
Why Choose PDO Threads?
There are a number of reasons to opt for a PDO Thread Lift. Here are just a few!
- A Non-Surgical Option – PDO Thread Lifts are a great, nonsurgical alternative to a facelift. The threads visibly tighten sagging skin, noticeably rejuvenating the entire face. Skin laxity, fine lines and wrinkles, and deeper wrinkles are just some of the signs of aging that can be improved with this procedure.
- Quick & Easy with Little Downtime – The entire thread lift procedure is quick and minimally invasive, requiring less downtime. Mild bruising and swelling are common but these typically subside within the span of a week.
- Natural Results – PDO Threads will safely and naturally dissolve over time. The procedure works with your body’s natural processes, stimulating collagen production and improving skin laxity.
- Versatile – Depending on your areas of concern and the level of lift you’re seeking, there are different thread options you can choose from
- Smooth Nova Threads – increase collagen production and reduce the appearance of superficial lines
- Twisted Nova Threads – lift up sagging skin and reduce deep lines and wrinkles
- Barbed Nova Threads – lift up deeply sunken areas of the face and can improve the appearance of more prominent wrinkles
PDO Thread Lift Results: What to Expect
While everyone’s case is different, most patients will notice an immediate lift following their procedure. It is important to note this may sometimes be due to swelling, therefore real results will likely become apparent in a month, with the final results emerging at 3 months.
PDO Threads dissolve slowly over a period of six to nine months, however, you may continue to see improvements for up to a year. It’s important to consult with your provider for any questions regarding your PDO Thread Lift, as they can give you more accurate information regarding what to expect.
The Beauty Bar PDO Threads
The Beauty Bar offers PDO Thread Lifts and utilizes the three different thread types in our practice. Jenna, Beauty Bar’s resident RN (registered nurse), will consult with you beforehand to understand your facial structure, your current needs, and your aesthetic goals to help you decide which type of threads are best for you.
We want to make the entire PDO Thread Lift procedure easy and comfortable, so we will provide you with the necessary pre and post-care instructions to make sure you get the most out of your results!
If you’re looking to lift and tighten the skin and boost the body’s natural collagen production, then contact our Prior Lake, MN location to see if a PDO Thread Lift is a good option for you!