Sculptra has become one of the most popular injectables in medspas everywhere – and for good reason! Sculptra is an FDA-approved injectable that is made of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) and works by adding volume and stimulating new collagen growth.
Medspa clients are loving the results Sculptra gives, so in this article we will be talking more about its benefits. Keep reading to learn more!
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is extensively popular due to its skin and wrinkle rejuvenation properties as well as its long-lasting results. The main way that Sculptra works is by stimulating the natural production of collagen underneath the skin in the areas where it is injected.
Collagen aids in strengthening the skin and increasing elasticity and hydration. As we age, our bodies produce less collagen, so stimulating a natural boost with Sculptra provides natural-looking and youthful results.
Some of the other specific uses of Sculptra include:
- Smoothing deep wrinkles like marionette lines
- Reversing volume loss that can cause the look of sunken cheeks
- Treating deep folds between the nose and mouth aka “nasolabial folds”
- Filling and reducing acne scars
- Adding volume and contour to the buttocks aka “Scultpra butt-lift”
What to Expect from Your Procedure
When first arriving at your Sculptra appointment, your provider will discuss your treatment goals with you and then mark the injection locations and prep with antiseptic. Many clinics will provide you with lidocaine or another numbing agent of some sort to ensure maximum comfort and to minimize pain.
Following the injections, your provider will massage the area to help the Sculptra spread and prevent any lumps from forming underneath the skin.
Here are a few things to remember following your Sculptra treatment for best results:
- You can return to normal activities immediately following your treatment, but you need to follow the proper aftercare.
- You will need to massage the area a recommended 5x a day to help reduce the risk of nodule (bumps) formation.
- You may use an ice pack to help with swelling or bruising.
- Makeup may be used to cover up bruising.
- Results can be seen immediately, but the full results will be seen over a period of months and with subsequent treatments as the new collagen kicks in.
One of the best things about Sculptra is that the results can last two to three years. This is much longer than many hyaluronic acid-based fillers that typically only last up to 12 months. Sculptra is safe, FDA-approved, and a great option for anyone looking for long-lasting and natural-looking results.
Sculptra at The Beauty Bar
Sculptra is one of the many injectables offered at The Beauty Bar Medspa located in Prior Lake, Minnesota. Our Registered Nurse, Jenna, has extensive experience using Sculptra with many clients, and their positive reviews are a testament to her talent!
If you’re looking to remove deep wrinkles, smile lines, and boost collagen production in the skin, then Sculptra is for you!
Contact us today to learn more and book your appointment!